Italian Futurism, 100 Years Later
Friday, February 27, 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
CAA 2009 Annual Conference
Los Angeles Convention Center
Concourse Meeting Room 407, Level 2
- Jennifer Bethke, Independent Scholar. Chair of panel.
- David Gariff, National Gallery of Art. “Italian Futurism and the Legacy of the Milanese Scapgliatura.”
- Matthew McLendon, Cornell Fine Arts Museum, Rollins College. “L’arte di far manifesti: Marinetti’s ‘Collaging’ of the Manifesto.”
- Michelangelo Sabatino, Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture, University of Houston. “The ‘Primitive’ in Italian Futurist Art and Architecture: The Case of Capri.”
- Siobhan Conaty, LaSalle University. “Benedetta Cappa Marinetti: Futurist, Fascist and Feminist?”
- Ara Merjian, Harvard University/New York University. Respondent for panel.
The panel will be followed up by an evening presentation at the Italian Institute of Culture in LA with presentations and a round-table discussion. More details will be forthcoming.