University of Oxford
March 21-24, 2012
Organized by Prof David Bradshaw and Prof Laura Marcus
Moving Modernisms is a four day agenda-setting conference taking place in Oxford, 21st-24th March 2012. Bringing together internationally distinguished speakers from across the globe, the conference will explore and evaluate the cultural, material and intellectual landscapes of Modernist scholarship and some of the most significant directions in which study of the period has developed over the past forty years.
The conference will explore the numerous aspects conveyed in the title, including:
- speed, motion, travel and transport
- emotion and the representation of mental and emotional lability
- the moving image and moving body
- shifting temporalities and emergent geographies
- changing perceptions of the discipline itself
Most of all this conference offers the opportunity for students and scholars from a wide range of disciplines and geographical locations to come together to discuss the key issues in the field of Modernism and contemplate its manifold futures.