As the new Assessor of Culture in Milan Massimiliano Finazzer Flory promised:
FuturisMI is a city-wide initiative put forth by the ‘Comune di Milano-Cultura per il centenario del Futurismo’ which will pervade Milan for 2009. This huge cultural undertaking will allow citizens to reflect on the movement while giving both an international and a local perspective.
Already a wide array of activities have been planned including:
- ‘Rissa in Galleria’ a dance bringing to life the painting by Boccioni – February 5, 2009
- a performance of ‘La città che sale’ – February 20, 2009
- a ball ‘FuturDanza’ at the Villa Reale
- a performance of ‘Revolverate!’ by Gian Pietro Lucini at the Biblioteche Rionali
- a musical performance by Daniele Lombardi with 21 pianos – June 7 in piazza Duomo
Futurism will also be manifested on the transport of Milan in the form of the ‘FuturTaxi’ and the ‘FuturTram’.