October 19 – 25 = IX Settimana della Lingua Italiana nel Mondo
- Umberto Boccioni was born on October 19, 1882
- Spend the night in the Sala delle Maschere, a castle room decorated by Gino Severini in 1921 – (pictures here)
- Severini to be sold at auction in December by broke Finarte Casa d’Aste SpA
- Article from the Wall Street Journal “The Diversity of Futurism on Display in Berlin“
- Enzo Mainardi exhibit in Cremona (October 24 – November 15, 2009)
- Oops – missed this – the comune of Morciano (hey, I’ve been there!) held a conference to discuss its Futurist heritage
- Gazebo + Windows + Boccioni. Discuss.
- Read about the events organized by SFMOMA, the Italian Cultural Institute, and Performa (New York) to celebrate the first 100 years of the Futurist Manifesto. The city-wide project, named Metal+Machine+Manifesto=Futurism’s First 100 Years started last Wednesday (Oct 14) with the opening of the exhibition “Fortunato Depero 50” at the Italian Cultural Institute (on view through December 4, 2009).
“Can Somebody Please Start a Riot”, SF Weekly, 14 ottobre http://www.sfweekly.com/events/metal-machine-manifesto-futurisms-first-100-years-1702086/
“Futurism of the past in S.F. today”, The Examiner, 9 ottobre http://www.sfexaminer.com/entertainment/Futurism-of-the-past-in-SF-today-63829997.html
“Food takes flight at SFMOMA”, San Francisco Chronicle, 8 ottobre http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/08/DDUK19UDHU.DTL